De Anza Walk-In 02.09.11
Workshop: Day of Action to Defend Public Education
FIGHT THE CUTS!
Wednesday, Feb. 9, 2011
10:30 a.m.– 3:00 p.m.
Hinson Campus Center
Conference Room A&B
Recognize! Organize! Mobilize!
- 10:30 - 11:20 a.m. Intro - Performance and Keynote Speaker
- 11:30 - 12:20 p.m. Workshop Block 1
- 12:30 - 1:20 p.m. Break, Review
- 1:30 - 2:20 p.m. Workshop Block 2
- 2:30 - 3:00 p.m. Closing
Verb: Walking out to a teach-in conference. Sponsored by student-led De Anza Restoring Education!
WARNING: Your education is at risk!
The purpose of this walk-in is to provide the resources and
networks necessary for the college community to understand and unify in
an effort to fight against the budget cuts in public education.
We hope to inform the larger community of our commitment to take action on solving our budget crisis by:
- Introducing a diverse array of speakers and panelists
- Helping others to understand the situation through informative workshops
- Advocating our concerns not just vocally, but creatively through arts of activism