Global Warming Solutions
A call to action on
of our Generation
Join Us for
SPEAKERS & WORKSHOPS
Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2011
1:30 – 4:00 p.m.
Hinson Campus Center
Conference Room A&B
1:30-2:30 p.m. Panel Discussion
2:30-3:30 p.m. Workshops
3:30-4:00 p.m. Closing
De Anza faculty Purba Fernandez, Cynthia Kaufman and Kristin Jensen Sullivan
Students Kiyo Ouchida, Sachin Radhakrishnan and Talya Simha Fanger-Vexler
Panel discussion facilitated by students Omar Numair and Janet Arias.
- Transportation Management: EcoPass
- Community Gardening and Community Supported Agriculture
- Taking Aim at the Chamber of Commerce
- Sustainability at the Institutional Level — Are We There, Yet?!
- Recycling: Reducing Your Carbon Footprint through Waste Minimization
- Earth, Wind and Water: Globalization and Environmental Injustices
Faculty attending will be eligible to receive books on how to integrate climate change into their curriculum. Bring your classes to engage in one of the most important challenges of our time.
DASB ▪ Students for Justice ▪ Institute of Community and Civic Engagement. Event organized by students in ES56 & ICS/PHIL 17 as part of a Community Service Learning project.