The De Anza College Cashier's Office is the sole petty cash custodian for all departments and programs on campus. This established fund is set up for the purchase of low-value supplies, for amounts less than $100.
Expenses paid from the petty cash fund can only be used for the purpose for which the fund was authorized and must be supported by original receipts, which should include the following information
- Date of purchase or payment
- Name of vendor or other payee
- Positive evidence that payment was made, such as a cash register receipt or a handwritten receipt on which the word "Paid" appears
- Amount paid
- Description of the goods purchased – entered by the vendor if a handwritten receipt is obtained, or by the purchaser if a cash register tape is issued
A petty cash voucher must accompany the original receipt(s). You can download the voucher form and fill in the required information (except for signatures) before printing it out.
The voucher must include the following information
- Name of employee (staff/faculty)
- Supply item(s) purchased
- Dollar amount
- Signature of financial manager authorizing payment ("Approved by")
- Signature of employee/staff upon receiving the cash from the Cashier's Office
The employee or payee may not be the same person as the financial manager who signs
under "Approved by."
Any voucher totaling more than $100 in original receipts cannot be honored by the Petty Cash custodian. For reimbursement on items for more than $100, submit a check request form to District Accounting, with the original receipt(s) and signature of your financial manager. Download a Direct Pay form from the Accounting Banner Forms Web site.
Please also note: If the funds are from the Foothill-De Anza Foundation, do not forget to request a "bill back index code" from them, and use it when completing the petty cash voucher. Petty cash vouchers with 800000 funds cannot be reimbursed by the Cashier's Office.
Petty Cash Reimbursement Hours
Monday-Thursday: 9:30-11:30 a.m. and 2:30-4:30 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m.-noon.
2017-18 Petty Cash Reimbursement deadline is July 10, 2018. If you missed this deadline, you must submit a complete Direct Pay form to accounts payable at the district and accounts payable must receive it by Monday, July 16, 2018.
Contact the Cashier's Office for further information.