Returns for Spring Quarter 2018
LAST DAY FOR TEXTBOOK REFUNDS IS FRIDAY, APRIL 13th, 2018
Last day for winter quarter textbook refunds was January 16th, 2018
New/used/rental, may be returned within the first five days of instruction for the quarter in which they are purchased. Used books are purchased "as is".
This policy applies to in-store and online purchases.
- All textbook returns require a receipt.
- Returns must be in original condition. All books must be returned per publisher standards for new/new rentals, and buyback standards for used/used rentals.
- Custom course materials and open packages are non-refundable.
- Course readers are non-refundable.
- Digital content, access codes including Direct Digital Access is non-refundable.
- Course materials fees are non-refundable.
Exceptions to course material return policy:
- A dropped course.For dropped courses, the textbooks must be returned before the add/drop (April 20th. 2018) with verification in order to receive a full refund.
Note: Official proof will be required at the time of return.
- A course is cancelled by the college.
Textbook rentals must be turned in by the last day of final exams for the quarter in which they were originally rented to avoid being charged full new replacement value. See rental policy for complete details.
Additional Return Information
All returns must be accompanied by the original receipt.
- For online orders, Shipping and Handling fees are not refundable.
- Photo identification required at time of return and reimbursement.
- All refunds will be issued to the original account charged.
- All merchandise must be in saleable condition and in original packaging.
- We reserve the right to refuse a refund for any merchandise.
- All shrink-wrapped items are non-returnable if opened.
Return of some products may be restricted as stated in the manufacturer's warranties.
Products with lifetime guarantees should be returned to manufacturer according to
Books must be returned within seven days of purchase.
The following items cannot be returned: cut goods, all paper products, mat and foam boards, any open product and special orders. All other items must be returned within seven days of purchase and be in saleable condition.
All items must be returned within seven days of purchase with merchandise tags. Jewelry and articles that have been washed, worn or torn, are non-returnable.
Electronics, including Accessories
All returns must be unopened and in saleable condition. Electronics must be returned within seven days of purchase. Upon approval, defective merchandise will be replaced with the same item only. Batteries are non-returnable. Earbud headphones not returnable unless defective.
School and Office Supplies
All school and office supplies must be returned within seven days of purchase, unopened, and in saleable condition. Special orders are non-returnable. Film product is non-returnable.
Non-returnable unless defective.
Online Merchandise (Exception: course materials refund policy)
All merchandise must be returned within seven days of its ship date. No prior authorization is required. Original shipping and handling charges are non-refundable unless the merchandise is proven defective or the wrong merchandise is shipped. All returned merchandise must be received in new, saleable condition with:
- The merchandise tag(s)
- A copy of your receipt
If you are unable to provide a copy of your receipt, we cannot guarantee we will be able to provide you with a refund. However, we would be happy to provide you with store credit in the form of a De Anza College Bookstore gift card. We no longer do direct exchanges (please see below). If you have special circumstances regarding your return, please contact us.
If you would like to complete an exchange, please return the item you do not want and we will refund you for that item. Then, at any time, please place a new order for the new item you want. The cost to you, our customer, will be no different than if you completed a direct exchange. However, handling our exchanges this way greatly reduces turnaround time and ensures the item you are ordering will be fulfilled.
If you receive defective merchandise, or if you are sent the wrong item(s), please contact us.
Please ship all returns to:
De Anza College Bookstore
ATTN: Web Orders
21250 Stevens Creek Boulevard
Cupertino, CA 95014
Please include your receipt and the merchandise. We recommend using FedEx, UPS, or USPS with tracking/delivery confirmation when returning items, for your own protection.