Steps For New Student-Athletes
As a new student-athlete to De Anza College you need to take care of a few things:
- Apply to De Anza at www.deanza.edu/registration/myinfo.html
- You will need to take English and Math placement tests. You may need other placement tests in Biology or Chemistry depending on your major. Contact Matt Trosper to see which tests are appropriate for you. Placement test information and scheduling can be found on the Assessment Web site.
- Enroll in a Counseling 200 class. This is an orientation to college class required of all new students. During the summer there are many sections of the class offered. These orientation courses meet Monday - Thursday for 1 week for about 2 hours. You should try to get enrolled in a Counseling 200 that begins either July 8th, July 15th or July 22nd. If you need any assistance in getting enrolled in a Counseling 200 class, contact Matt Trosper.
- To verify your class date, time and location go to: https://myportal.fhda.edu/cp/home/displaylogin and log in with your student ID and PIN (personal identification number). This is your "portal". In your portal, you can check your schedule, register for classes, pay for classes, check your placement results, and many other vital functions you will need to access as a student.
- Ask your high school and/or any other colleges attendedto send De Anza a copy of your official transcripts. You can have your transcripts sent directly to Matt Trosper, c/o the Athletic Department. If you have taken an AP class and passed the corresponding AP test with a score of 3 or better, you may be able to get college credit. Please send your official AP score report directly to Matt Trosper - De Anza Athletics, 21250 Stevens Creek Blvd., Cupertino, CA 95014.
- If you are a transfer student with more than 30 semester units (45 quarter units) complete, contact Matt to see if you will need the orientation class. You should also send Matt your official college transcripts.
- Contact the coach of the sport in which you wish to compete.