At De Anza College, the Athletics Department is part of the Physical Education & Athletics Division. We serve the needs of everyone interested in competing at a higher level of athletic endeavor.
Coast Conference All Sports TrophyWinner of the Coast Conference All Sports Trophy for 2018-19
(12 years in a row and 25 out of the past 35 years)
Campus Tour: P.E. & Athletics / Stadium and Track
Watch more video segments and the complete campus video tour on the Video Tour webpage.
A Comprehensive All-Sports Program
- Seventeen sports programs for men and women, with 400 student-athletes who compete on these teams
- Eight men's sports and nine women's sports
- Approximately 70 coaches, administrators, staff and Athletics Department volunteers
- Consistent success both on the field and in the classroom
- Average GPA of about 3.01 for student-athletes last year, according to Institutional Research
- Successful transfers by De Anza student-athletes to university-level programs
- Eight All-Americans and 21 All-Californians during the 2015-16 school year
- Approximately $1.8 million in academic and athletic scholarships secured by De Anza student-athletes last year (2014-15)
De Anza coaches, staff and administrators are eager to assist student athletes in academics and sports. Our student athletes have
- Exposure to university coaches
- Opportunities to acquire athletic scholarships
- Success in both retention (90 percent) and transfer (87 percent)
- High grade point averages (GPA)
Sports Medicine ProgramOur Sports Medicine/Athletic Training Program has two full-time Athletic Trainers and several student assistants. The program is responsible for injury prevention, treatment and rehabilitation of our athletes.
Support for Student-Athletes
- Counselor: Louise Madrigal, 408. 864-5842, email@example.com
- Academic Adviser: Matt Trosper, 408.864.8646, firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are a prospective student athlete, see our steps for getting started
Counseling and AdvisingWe have a full-time counselor and a full-time academic adviser who helps monitor the academic progress of student-athletes at De Anza.
REACH: Learning Community for Student Athletes
Reading, English, Athletics, Counseling and Humanities
Team up with other student-athletes in a supportive network of coaches, instructors and counselors. Follow a linked curriculum of reading, writing and humanities classes and build a foundation for success on and off the field.
This is the official De Anza College Athletics website. Any other website containing information regarding De Anza Athletics is not sanctioned by De Anza College and may not contain accurate information.