Brief APE Class Descriptions
See the complete course description in the current Course Catalog.
For the schedule of current and upcoming classes, click on the applicable quarter link at the bottom of the left navigation bar under Scheduled Classes:
Physical Education-Adapted (PEA) courses are designed for De Anza College students with verified disabilities:
- PEA 1X (1 unit) Adapted Total Fitness --
- Development and maintenance of strength, flexibility, and aerobic fitness
- PEA 2X (1 unit) Adapted Strength Development --
- Development and maintenance of muscular strength
- PEA 4X (1 unit) Adapted Aerobic Fitness --
- Adapted Cardiovascular Training development and maintenance of cardiovascular fitness
- PEA 5X (1 unit) Adapted Aquatic Fitness --
- Development and maintenance of aquatic fitness
- PEA 6Y (1.5 units) Adapted Outdoor Education --
- Accessible outdoor experiential education for students with disabilities. Field experiences to be arranged quarterly may include hiking, camping, kayaking, rafting, sailing, etc. Wilderness safety, local flora and fauna, personal and physical skill development in the out of doors.