Academic Support and Student Success Programs
De Anza offers a broad range of programs and services to help you succeed. Through peer advising, student mentoring, tutoring and more, we provide the support that you need to reach your educational goals.
- Learning in Communities (LinC)
This interdisciplinary program links two or more classes with a common theme. You'll work with the same community of students in a friendly, supportive atmosphere.
- Student Success Center
The Student Success Center offers drop-in, group and individual tutoring to help guide student success at De Anza and beyond. Visit the Student Success Center website or drop in one of the tutorial center locations listed below to learn more.
- Listening and Speaking Center in ATC 305
The LSC offers tutoring and small group English practice sessions for second language learners. Students can also improve their English communication skills through the use of ESL software and programs like Cross Cultural Partners and The Language Exchange. You do not have to be an ESL student to participate
- Math, Science and Technology Resource Center in S-43
Trained tutors provide weekly, drop-in individual and group tutoring in math and science courses. Also houses MPS, Enable Math, study groups and labs. Provides a variety of learning support activities such as workshops and study groups.
- Writing and Reading Center (WRC) in ATC 309
Get drop-in tutoring and attend free workshops that will help you improve your reading and writing skills.
- First Year Experience: Program integrating multiple fields of study and community engagement
- IMPACT AAPI: Program supporting academic achievement for Asian Pacific Islander subgroups historically underrepresented in higher education. Contact: 408.864.8973
- Puente Project
Participate in a two-quarter program that focuses on Mexican American/Latino authors and issues. For more information contact Alicia Cortez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 408.864.8365.
- Sankofa Scholars
The Sankofa Scholars Program is open to all students and is specifically designed to address the retention, persistence and success of African ancestry students.
- Summer Bridge: Program designed to help students transition from high school to community college