Welcome to the Open Education Resources (OER) webpages for De Anza College.
On these pages, you can learn About OER; see Why OER is getting faculty and students excited; get tips on Finding OER; and find more resources for Using OER. This is a collaboration of the Bookstore, Library Services, Academic Senate, Office of Instruction and Office of Communications.
OER @ De Anza
- Over 13,000 students used OER or free materials in their courses at De Anza in AY 2017-18!!
- De Anza College is one of only 11 schools selected from among 42 applicants for the
2017-18 OpenStax Institutional Partnership Program at Rice University.
- Low-Cost Textbook (LCT) Designation. Eligible courses (total cost of $50 or less to the student for course materials ) can now be coded with the LCT designation. If you believe your course qualifies, submit the LCT designation form by the deadline date.
- Zero-Cost Textbook (ZTC) Designation. Eligible courses can now be coded with the ZTC designation. If you believe your course qualifies, submit the ZTC designation form by the deadline date.
- Additional Pay Compensation. Faculty who transition their course to a lower textbook cost option during the 2017-18 year are eligible to receive compensation for the work involved. Submit the ATM additional pay form by the deadline date.
- The Open Education Initiative (OEI) has produced its first Canvas sample course shell based upon the OEI design rubric. Go to Canvas Commons, search "OEI" or "illowsky" and look for "CCC OEI: OpenStax Psychology." This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license (CC BY 4.0), which allows you to freely share, copy, distribute and transmit the work. More OpenStax books and sample Canvas courses to come.
Contact Us for Help
If you need assistance finding, using, or creating open educational resources for instruction, please contact:
Lydia Hearn, OER Coordinator
Jayme Brown, Courseware Coordinator
Wil Byars, Library Technician
Miguel Pacheco, Courseware Coordinator
Kelly Swanson, Bookstore Director