Additional Pay Authorization Instructions
This form is used for the following:
- Faculty (full-time and part-time) work beyond any classroom assignments or reassigned time.
- Part-time counseling hours (including Special Education and EOPS Counseling)
- All part-time Child Development faculty hours.
- All part-time Librarian hours
- All non-classroom additional hours worked by full-time Counselors, Librarians, and Child Development faculty.
Additional Pay Form
FILL IN and PRINT form
for signature approval. See Part I and II of Instructions for Authorization.
Contact Patty Jobs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Instructions for Authorization
PART I: Overview and General Instructions
- Submit all Additional Pay Forms to the Associate Vice President of Instruction Office to be reviewed and approved. It will then be forwarded to the appropriate Vice President.
- All Additional Pay Forms MUST have an Index Code or FOAP, and have a flat rate (rounded to the nearest dollar) OR with a total number of hours for the assignment.
- Please be sure you follow the guidelines for payment amounts noted on the attached document. Before submitting the form, ANY exceptions MUST be verbally approved by your respective Vice President prior to the work commencing.
*APPROVAL ROUTING – First have the originator, employee and the division dean sign the form. Then submit the completed form to the Associate Vice President of Instruction by the 1st of the month.
PART II: Description of Form Fields for Completing the Additional Pay Form
- Academic Year – Summer quarter is the first quarter in an academic year, so if you want to pay someone for work done in summer 2011 the academic year would be 2011-12. All other quarters are self-explanatory.
- Full-time or Part-time box – Please check the appropriate box based on the employee’s permanent status.
- Last name, First name – self-explanatory.
- Employee ID number – Please do NOT sign the form unless an EID is provided. Any incomplete forms will be returned and will delay the payment processing by a month or more.
- Division/Department – Please specify the division and department for the position that the employee is budgeted under.
- Job Title – Self-explanatory and description of duties performed and job description.
- Duties Performed – Any payment amount MUST have a job description that matches list of duties and responsibilities on form and on each form submitted. Sample attached.
- FOAP or Index Code – Please charge the additional pay to the valid FOAP or Index Code.
- FOUNDATION FOAP – Please include the Fund 14 bill-back FOAP.
- For more information, please contact Kathy Nguyen at 650-949-6923.
- Dates – Please enter the correct dates of the work being performed including the year. If the work spans more than one quarter, you MUST enter separate sets of dates for each quarter.
Example: If the work spans from November through February, you must enter the November and December dates under fall quarter and the January and February dates under winter quarter.
- Total Amount – Please enter flat amount rounded to the nearest dollar.
Hours Only Section
- Dates – Please enter the correct dates of the work being performed including the year.
- If the work spans more than one quarter, you must enter separate sets of dates for each quarter. Example: If the work spans from November through February, you must enter the November and December dates under fall quarter and the January and February dates under winter quarter.
- Total Hrs – Please enter the total hours for the entire assignment.
- Load and COLA – Please DO NOT fill in the section that indicates load and COLA. The Associate Vice President of Instruction will determine this. (See attached form for types of work that constitute load or no load. Additional load does not affect full-time faculty. It affects part-time faculty in fall, winter and spring quarters only. COLA only applies to compensation that is loaded and beyond that employee’s primary assignment).
- Comments – Please enter any additional comments you may have.
- AGAIN, Please submit the form first to the Associate Vice President of Instruction to be reviewed and approved. It will then be forwarded to the appropriate Vice President.
- No Special Checks will be issued!
Additional Pay Authorization Checklist
Please include the following when completing the Additional Pay Authorization Form:
- Academic Year
- Instructor – Full-time/Part-time
- Faculty Name
- Job Title
- Job Duties/Description
- FOAP that has funds
- Qtr begin and end dates
- Rounded Amount
- If hours: complete section with quarter begin and end dates and hours
- Include Comments
- Originator’s Name
- Faculty’s Signature
- Division Dean’s signature
**INCOMPLETE OR INCORRECT FORMS WILL BE RETURNED TO THE ORIGINATOR FOR CORRECTION AND WILL DELAY PROCESSING AND PAY TO THE FACULTY MEMBER.